Thursday, July 25, 2024
- Advertisement -
More

    Latest Posts

    Shaun Menegola resigns from Seven Melbourne

    Director of news at Seven Melbourne, Shaun Menegola, has resigned from the Seven Network, just weeks after director of news and current affairs Craig McPherson also departed.

    Menegola’s departure date has not been finalised and he will remain in the role for a transition period. 

    “I have decided to call an end to my time here at 7NEWS in Melbourne,” Menegola said.

    “It’s entirely my decision and one I’ve been thinking about for a long time. It’s not one driven by anything else other than the fact that I’m looking to take a break to recharge and reboot – and to spend some time in my home state [Western Australia] with family.

    “I couldn’t be prouder of what this team has achieved over the last five or so years, and of the bulletins we turn out every night.

    “It’s been a highlight of almost three decades running news bulletins and newsrooms.”

    Anthony De Ceglie, McPherson’s successor as Seven’s director of news and public affairs and editor-in-chief said: “Shaun has made a remarkable contribution to Seven Melbourne and, before that, Seven Perth over many years and he will be greatly missed.

    “He has been a driving force behind the success of 7NEWS Melbourne over the past five years and will leave a great legacy.”

    Menegola’s successor is yet to be announced. Before this stint at Seven, he held roles at Nine and in the Premier’s office in Perth. He previously worked at Seven Perth from 2000 to 2011.

    De Ceglie’s promotion was the first major appointment since new CEO Jeff Howard began in the role on 19 April. De Ceglie has been with SWM since early 2019, based in Perth, and will relocate to Sydney for the new role. His former role, leading titles in WA including The West Australian and The Nightly, is currently vacant, being filled by Chris Dore in the interim.

    “It’s an absolute privilege and honour to step into one of the most important roles in news in the country, and to do such at such a pivotal and important time for our industry,” De Ceglie said.

    McPherson stepped down after Seven’s Spotlight program became embroiled in Bruce Lehrmann‘s failed defamation battle against 10 and Lisa Wilkinson. In the wake of ex-Spotlight producer Taylor Auerbach‘s evidence, EP Mark Llewellyn also left the network.

    See also: Seven promotes Anthony De Ceglie to director of news and current affairs

    The post Shaun Menegola resigns from Seven Melbourne appeared first on Mediaweek.

    Latest Posts

    - Advertisement -

    Don't Miss

    Stay in touch

    To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.