BBH Singapore‘s latest campaign for electronics manufacturer Samsung directs consumers to shop its products on social media.
Technology giant Samsung has teamed up with BBH Singapore in a bid to pivot brand thinking on social commerce towards ‘shoppable worlds‘.
The high-tech strategy favors a new social-first shopping format that marries Instagram window shopping with the ease of purchase afforded by in-platform payments. Taking the form of an online department store, the approach furnishes a series of rooms crafted by designers and miniature model makers to showcase Samsung products in the most favorable light possible.
Samsung is harnessing the powerful combination of social inspiration and low friction to showcase its home appliances and television line without resorting to more traditional transactional approaches. Tugging on the interior designer within us all the roomset approach shows that setting and context are as important as feature sets when purchasing a big ticket item.
<!-- inArticleBlock -->
Recreating the timeless appeal of a shop window the room-scale displays mimic miniature set designs with a showroom experience to provide tailored content for individuals.
Olivier Bockenmeyer, head of corporate marketing, south east Asia and Oceania at Samsung Electronics, said: “This creative seeks to turn scrollers into shoppers, drawing people into the charming worlds of these model homes, filled with craft and interior design flair. Using the twin insights of how people are really using social media and their passion for interior decor, BBH Singapore has shown users how our products can fit into their own lifestyles.”
Sascha Kuntze, chief creative officer at BBH Singapore, added: “People no longer ‘go shopping‘; they are always shopping. This is the thinking which roots this latest creative for Samsung - showing through the power of detailed miniature models just how these products can fit into people’s own home designs and individual styles.”
<!-- inArticleBlock -->
Running across Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore the campaign marks the first public use of the ‘shoppable worlds‘ strategy of combining e-commerce with social media.
- Agency: BBH Singapore
- Chief Creative Officer: Sascha Kuntze
- Creative Director: Charlene Chua
- Head of Art: Gaston Soto
- Art Director: Dawn Abegail Lee
- Copywriter: Gwendolyn Lee
- Content Creators: Gerard Koh, Sally Liu
- Chief Growth Officer, Asia: Megan Morell
- New Business Director: Manavi Sharma
- Business Director: Jasmine Portman
- Account Manager: Crystal Loo
- Account Manager: Zina Ng
- Strategy Director: Ruth Lim
- Strategist: Meili Yeo
- Social Content Director: Mathilde Caraccio
- Social Specialists: Rebekah Anthony, Kristal Lee
- Agency Producer: Cheryl Tiah
- Film Production Company: Rolla Productions
- Film Director: Jake Nam
- Photography Studio: Studio Daydream
- Photographers: Dominic Chua, Chloe Cheng
- Sound Production: Fuse Adventures in Audio
- Miniature Artists: Ruchika Nambiar, Robb & Jess of Jessica Cloe Miniatures, Briar Nielsen, Hannah Lemon and Anna Wright
- Client: Samsung Electronics (Southeast Asia & Oceania)
- Regional Head of Corporate Marketing: Olivier Bockenmeyer
- Regional Head of Media & Marketing Investments: Sidharth Bhasin
- Regional Senior Brand Marketing Manager: Roy Lan
- Regional Corporate Marketing Management Associate: Mallorie Ng
- Regional Head of TV/AV: Germain Clausse
- Regional Marketing & Partnerships Lead (TV/AV): Edmond Lim
- Regional Business Analysis Assistant Manager (TV/AV): Chloe Erh
- Regional Head of Digital Appliances: Daren Tay
- Regional Senior Product Marketing Manager (Digital Appliances): Novita Novita
- Regional Product Marketing Manager (Digital Appliances): Isobelle Tan
- Regional Product Marketing Manager (Digital Appliances): Jerrelin Caballa