Amid the recent flurry of brands promoting carbon offsets, recycling programs and other sustainability initiatives, there is another, much more fundamental issue hiding in plain sight. If the purpose of marketing is to influence people to consume a product or service, then isn’t marketing itself one of the key causes of the environmental degradation so many brands are now working against?
- Hologic makes Super Bowl debut with women’s health message
- Google sued by D.C., states over location-tracking practices
- Unilever to cut 15% of senior managers as Peltz adds pressure
- Building consumer trust: 3 metrics that matter the most
- Unilever realigns focus on product categories amid claims it’s lost its way