Google’s plans to retire third-party cookies from its Chrome browser may have hit a snag with news the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is investigating the proposal to assess whether it will distort competition. It comes after complaints of anticompetitive behaviour by Google and that the changes concentrate ad spend in the Google ecosystem and further entrench its market power.
- Why social listening guides the marketing strategy for a media management platform
- Today’s Office: Rania Robinson on how boundaries blur working from home with your husband
- 4 ways marketers can empower the Asian community
- Channel 4 goes back to the 80s to promote Russell T Davies miniseries It’s A Sin
- Spotify brings podcast ads to UK: ‘it’s an untapped medium for brands’