The Covid-19 pandemic currently playing out around the world has upended the 2020 plans for almost every brand and every marketer. At a time of health and economic stress along with working and family life upheaval, certainties about business and the role of brands are no more. The scale of the crisis is unprecedented in modern time, it doesn’t mean throwing out the rule book entirely, but survival will take more than just a couple of emails to customers.
- ‘Clearly underinvesting’: Some of the world’s biggest marketers pledge to direct more media dollars to minority-owned business
- Quibi’s shutdown underscores economic challenge for big-budget, bite-sized shows
- Paid virtual events are the new golden ticket for publishers
- ‘We do it because it’s profitable’: Ads improbably sprout on ad averse Substack
- ‘More than a moment’: SPACs give DTC startups a potential new exit strategy