Welcome to The Drum's Business on the Move column, where we collate agency account news, reviews, agency launches, rebrands and acquisitions.
This week includes moves from Disney, PlayStation, Spotify, Picturehouse Cinemas, TalkTalk, Netflix, Brand Beckham and more.
This week's acquisitions
- Deloitte Digital has expanded its digital marketing expertise with the acquisition of Pervorm for an undisclosed fee.
- Disney has assumed "full operational control" of streaming service Hulu from Comcast, meaning the OTT service is no longer shared across a handful of media operators.
- Edgewell Personal Care is getting into the direct-to-consumer (DTC) craze with the $1.37bn purchase of Harry's shaving brand.
- Havas Group has acquired user experience design agency Think Design in India.
- The PR firm Uproar PR has been acquired by Kanaris Group.
- The CM Group has acquired Vuture, a cross-channel marketing platform for legal and professional service providers.
Farewill has appointed media agency The Specialist Works to handle its media planning and buying, following a competitive pitch.
Pukka Pies has appointed three new agencies to support its growth strategy. Walker will spearhead its communications strategy and creative development, Richmond & Towers will become it's fully integrated trade and consumer PR and social media agency and Haygarth will lead all shopper marketing activities across retail and foodservice channels.
Kopparberg has handed its full retained PR account to Mc&T.
WATConsult - the digital and social media agency from Dentsu Aegis Network India - has won the creative, digital and social media duties of Schneider Electric India.
OMD Brisbane has been appointed as media agency to Super Retail Group.
Ikon has been appointed the media agency of record in Australia by the chocolate brand Lindt & Sprungli.
Wavemaker has won the media duties for NestAway.
Langoor has won the digital creative mandate for Boheco Life.
CampaignLab has been appointed by Fiji Airways to develop and implement PR and integrated campaigns across Australia and New Zealand.
Disney is moving the US media planning and buying for its newly acquired 20th Century Fox assets to Omnicom-owned OMD.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House has appointed Uproar PR its agency of record to promote the restaurant brand to a national audience.
Enero has merged Naked with BMF, an Australian creative agency.
Brand Beckham has entered a new phase today with the footballer turned international celebrity parting ways with former business partners XIX Entertainment to form a new independent brand and commercial management team.
Combining current employees and new recruits, Dentsu Group is to open a digital-focused media agency in Japan. Dentsu Media Runway will be led by Katsuhiko Tsurumoto as chief executive, and have around 35 staff members.
Newly-merged Wunderman Thompson has launched in New Zealand.
Got a story or tip for Business on the Move? Send your acquisitions, reviews, account wins and launch news to firstname.lastname@example.org.